Harrisburg library board to purchase new computers
The Harrisburg Public Library District Board of Trustees met Sept. 13 to purchase four new computers.
Here are the meeting's minutes, as provided by the boar:
"Harrisburg Public Library District Board of Trustees is located at 2 W Walnut St, Harrisburg, IL 62946, USA."
Harrisburg Public Library District
Board of Trustee Meeting Minutes
September 13, 2016
The regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Harrisburg Public Library District was called to order by Secretary Joe Ewing at 4:06 pm. Those in attendance were Trustees Joe Ewing, Gary Jones, Sally Wofford and Leigh Leckron. Trustees Lynda Clemmons,
Amy Brombaugh and Janet Jones were absent. Also in attendance was Director Krystal Gulley.
Consent Agenda: A motion was made by Trustee Wofford to accept the Consent Agenda as presented. Motion carried unanimously on a roll call vote.
President’s Report: In the absence of President Clemmons, Trustee Ewing read her prepared report as follows:
President’s Report—in absentia
As usual, kudos to Krys, Emily, and the rest of the staff on a month full of good activities. I like Emily’s determination to increase her
numbers. Thanks to Krys for organizing the book club style discussion of Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet on Sept. 7.
Although we had only 11 present, we had a good discussion and interest in author Jamie Ford’s visit on Sept. 21 seems to be increasing. I hope all board members are trying to spread the word so we can have a good audience.
Brown Bags was well attended. Janet’s food was outstanding. Reviewer Judy Winkeler dedicated the program to Mona in a graceful and meaningful way.
The next book review will be Sept. 28 with Gillum Ferguson as speaker and Mary Sue Ewing providing the food.
Note the new art exhibit with work by Sandy Clark.
Blaine Greer’s program on Aug. 31 attracted 30 people—a good crowd for a book presentation. (Krys, I didn’t see this in your report.)
I will be absent again on Oct. 11, as that will be the one-week anniversary of my new knee. You will be in good hands with Janet conducting the meeting.
- Finance Committee: Trustee Wofford reported that there is back pay due to couple of employees and she is working to get that paid up to date.
- Personnel Committee: Director Gulley reported that we have a new part time employee.
- Policy Committee: Trustee Leckron advised that there is a typo on page 61, Section 4. Due to other issues the correction was tabled to next meeting.
- Building Committee: The letter drafted to Baysinger Design Group was reviewed and was agreed to send as written under the current date. Architect John Baker will be at the next meeting to present additional information on our new building.
- Trustee Wofford made a motion to pass Ordinance 16/17-2. Motion carried unanimously on a roll call vote.
- Trustee Wofford made a motion to move $700,000 from the Special Reserve Account to a two year C.D. with Peoples
National Bank at a rate of 1.1%. Motion carried unanimously on a roll call vote. It was agreed to leave the General
Fund account as is until all the funds have been received for the year.
- Trustee Wofford made a motion to accept the estimate from Lazerware for the replacement of four computers that were scheduled to be replaced in 2012. Motion carried unanimously on a roll call vote.
- A discussion about the purchase of 1,000 plastic bags with the Library information imprinted on each bag led to the agreement that they were a good idea. Trustee Ewing will see if he can work with our local printer to obtain them at/near the same price as the catalog price.
- A discussion was held about giving a book to each new mother in the district. Tracking the births and how to distribute the books was an issue and on the suggestion of Trustee Wofford the idea was tabled for now.
- Director Gulley reported on a patron that exhibited unacceptable behavior while at the adult computer lab. However, he left the building when approached and has not been back. The matter of proper discipline, should he return, was left to the discretion of the Director.
- Director Gulley advised that she will have a vacation spread sheet set up for the Board’s review at the next meeting.
On a motion by Trustee Wofford, the meeting was adjourned at 5:00 pm.
Respectfully submitted by Trustee Joe Ewing, Sec.
Organizations in this Story
2 W Walnut St
Harrisburg, IL - 62946-1261