Freeburg Board of Trustees considers application for St. Clair County grant
Freeburg Board of Trustees met Tuesday, July 5.
The Village President, Village Clerk and Board of Trustees, along with the various department supervisors, oversee government operations.
Here are the minutes as provided by Freeburg:
RG REGULAR BOARD MEETING TUESDAY, JULY 5, 2016 (a) 7:30 P.M. BOARD MEETING MINUTES
CALL TO ORDER: Mayor Seth Speiser called the Regular Board Meeting to order at 7:30 p.m., on Tuesday, July 5, 2016 in the Freeburg Municipal Board Room.
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE: Those present and the Board Members recited the Pledge of Allegiance.
ROLL CALL: Trustee Bert Pruett–here; Trustee Mathew Trout—here; Trustee Ramon Matchett, Jr. – here; Trustee Elizabeth Meehling—here; Trustee Denise Albers — here; Trustee James Blaies – here; Mayor Seth Speiser—here; (7) present, 0 absent). Mayor Speiser announced there is a quorum.
Trustee Mathew Trout motioned to accept the minutes from the Regular Board Meeting Monday, June 20, 2016 with corrections and Trustee Elizabeth Meehling seconded the motion. All voting aye, the motion carried.
EXHIBIT B: FINANCE: REVIEW OF BOARD LISTS: Trustee Matchett Stated we reviewed the Board Lists. We had a few questions and those questions got answered.
REVIEW OF INVESTMENTS: Trustee Matchett said we have an Investment Renewal coming up in October of this year.
INCOME STATEMENT: Trustee Matchett stated the video gaming revenue has been cut off because of the lack of a State budget.
TREASURER'S REPORT: Trustee Matchett said we were handed 3 Treasurer's Report to review by Treasurer Bryan Vogel.
1. Newsletter: Trustee Matchett said the Newsletter is out and the next edition will encompass October, November and December. Anything you would like to have put in the newsletter should be submitted by mid-September.
1. FY2016 Audit Contract: Trustee Matchett said this is the last year for the contract with CJ Schlosser. The state is proposing to amend the law so that we can’t use the same auditors within a certain timeframe.
2. St. Clair County Parks Grant: We did discuss a St. Clair County Grant for $30,000. The applications for this grant is due in two weeks'. We asked Tony to move forward with the grant application. If we receive the grant we would like to use it for playground equipment at the pool area.
TREASURER'S REPORT: Treasurer Bryan Vogel said he passed out three Treasure Reports to be reviewed and approved at the next board meeting. Bryan brought up the issue of the audit contract. There was a small discussion that took place. Tony said he will bring back more information to the board.
ATTORNEY”S REPORT: None.
ESDA REPORT: Mayor Speiser stated everyone should have an ESDA Report from Coordinator Kramer. Gene cannot be with us this evening to update us on his ESDA Report. If you have any questions please call Gene.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: None.
REPORTS AND CORRESPONDENCE:
EXHIBIT D: Zoning Administrator’s Report: Mayor Speiser said next we have our Zoning Administrator’s Report. Are there any questions for Zoning Administrator Henning? Hearing none we will move on.
RECOMMENDATIONS OF BOARDS AND COMMISSIONS: Mayor Speiser said we have a Memo regarding Board of Appeals Hearing held on May 26, 2016. Are there any questions on it?
CONTRACTS, RELEASES, AGREEMENTS & ANNEXATIONS None. BIDS: None.
OLD BUSINESS: None.
NEW BUSINESS: Village Administrator Funderburg stated on that St. Clair County Park Grant, he hopes to have something for the next board meeting to vote on. Tony said he has four or five bids from different places on the playground equipment. He will talk to the county about the grant.
Mayor Speiser said Tony, John and himself talked to Rhutasel this morning. Rhutasel will be at the next water and sewer meeting to go over few things.
COMMITTEE MEETING REPORTS:
Legal/Ordinance Committee Meeting: Trustee Elizabeth Meehling called Legal/Ordinance Committee Meeting to order at 5:30 p.m. on
Wednesday, June 29, 2016.
The following items were talked about or discussed:
1. Zoning Report/Nuisance Properties: Trustee Meehling said the Board of Appeals held two special use permit hearing’s last Thursday. One was withdrawn and the other has been referred to the Plan Commission. Attorney Manion drew up a memo with suggestions on what to do to include storage materials as a special use in an agriculture district. This will be sent to the Plan Commission as a possible zoning code amendment. Zoning Administrator Henning stated the grass at 3 Lake Drive has been cut.
2. Combination of Plan Commission and Board of Appeals: Nothing.
3. Golf Carts or Side by Side Vehicles: Trustee Meehling said the revised draft ordinance was presented. We had a pretty long discussion on this subject. Attorney Manion said we need to have some sort of agreement with the inspection firm. Mayor Speiser felt we should have a RFP to open up the inspections to other businesses. Tony said he will place an article in the paper after we put together the stuff we are looking for on the inspection. After it has been prepared, we will bring it back to the committee to look it over, and then place it out there and see who is interested in doing the inspection.
4. Noise Ordinance: Trustee Meehling stated that Administrator Funderburg has not had time to work on this at the present time. We have not heard about any additional complaints on Tequilas.
NEW BUSINESS: None.
EXHIBIT G: Personnel/Police Committee Meeting: Trustee Mathew Trout called the meeting of Personnel/Police Committee Meeting to order at 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday, June 29, 2016.
The following item or items were talked about or discussed:
POLICE: OLD BUSINESS: None.
1. Review of Fees for False Alarms: Trustee Trout said we talked about and discussed the fees for false alarms. The committee agreed to send a letter after two false alarm alerts. Chief Donald will send a letter out after the second alarm alert to the business owner.
2. Police Canine: Trustee Trout said Diggit went to be recertified last week. The money for the K-9 dog is sitting in a trust fund until their lawyer finishes up the paperwork.
3. New Patrol Car: Trustee Trout said the new patrol car has been ordered.
NEW BUINESS: Trustee Trout said we talked about sending an officer to MEGSI. We held a discussion on the subject. The gentleman who is in charge is out of town so we don’t have all of the information. We will have more info on this for the next committee meeting. We talked about the possibility of hiring a part-time officer. We sent this back to Chief Donald asking him to bring us more candidates.
Trustee Trout said Chief Donald requested 32 hours of unused vacation time be paid out.
Trustee Mathew Trout motioned to pay Chief Stan Donald for 32 hours of unused vacation time and Trustee Elizabeth Meehling seconded the motion. ROLL CALL: Trustee Mathew Trout—aye; Trustee Elizabeth Meehling—aye; Trustee James Blaies – aye, Trustee Ramon Matchett, Jr. –aye; Trustee Bert Pruett—aye; Trustee Denise Albers—aye; Trustee James Blaies—aye; (6) ayes, 0 nays, 0 absent). All voting aye, motion carried.
PERSONNEL: OLD BUSINESS:
1. Health Insurance Option to Switch to Spouse’s Plan: Trustee Trout said the ordinance is still with the Village Attorney Manion to review.
NEW BUSINESS: Trustee Trout stated lineman Zach Kramper has put in his two-week’ notice. Public Works Director John Tolan said he would like to interview five of the applicants from the recent applications already received.
UPCOMING MEETINGS: Electric Committee Meeting — Wednesday, July 13, 2016 – 5:30 p.m. Water/Sewer Committee Meeting — Wednesday, July 13, 2016 – 5:45 p.m. Streets Committee Meeting — Wednesday, July 13, 2016 - 6:00 p.m. Board Meeting — Monday, July 18, 2016 – 7:30 p.m.
VILLAGE MAYOR & TRUSTEES.” COMMENTS: Trustee Bert Pruett — No thank you, not tonight.
Trustee Ramon Matchett, Jr.—No thank you.
Trustee James Blaies — No thank you.
Village Clerk Jerry Menard – No thank you. Trustee Mathew Trout — He said if you know anyone who would like to be a hole sponsor please let him know. We need about five more teams. We also need donations for attendance prizes. Trustee Elizabeth Meehling — No thank you.
Trustee Denise Albers – No thank you. Village Administrator Tony Funderburg–No thank you.
ADJOURNMENT: Mayor Speiser called for motion to adjourn the meeting.
Trustee Mathew Trout motioned to adjourn the meeting at 7:45 p.m. and Trustee Bert Pruett seconded the motion. All voting aye, motion carried.