Harrisburg Public Library District Board reviews plans for new building
Harrisburg Public Library Board of Trustees met Tuesday, July 12.
Here are the minutes as provided by Harrisburg Public Library Board of Trustees:
Board Meeting Minutes
July 12, 2016
The regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Harrisburg Public Library District was called to order by President Lynda Clemmons at 4:05 pm. Those in attendance were Trustees Lynda Clemmons, Janet Jones, Sally Wofford, Gary Jones and Joe Ewing. Trustees Leigh Leckron and Amy Brombaugh were absent. Also in attendance were Director Krystal Gulley and Architect John Baker.
Consent Agenda: Emily Drone was commended for the way she handled the minor injury to one of the participant in her SRP group. There was a brief discussion of the end of the year financial reports and it was suggested that Director Gulley check with Ruth Miller on the handling of the reports. A motion wasmade by Trustee Wofford to accept the consent agenda. Motion passed unanimously on a roll call vote.
- The attendance at various meetings and programs for the past month looks good.
- On July 27th, Jeff Campbell will be the presenter at Brown Bags Books.
- President Clemmons attended the unveiling of the Little Free Library in Ridgeway and reported that “…it is the best ever”.
Policy Committee: Nothing new to report.
Finance Committee: Will schedule a meeting to work on the budget.
At this point, Architect John Baker joined the meeting with basic drawings for the footprint of the outside and inside layout of the proposed new building. Some changes were proposed by the Trustees. Mr. Baker will make revisions and present new drawings.
Personnel Committee: Will review staff and director evaluation methods.
Building Committee: All A/C units are running with the exception of one. Fowler Heating & A/C will give an estimate on replacing compressor vs. entire unit due age of the unit. It was suggested to Director Gulley that she call Mike Oldham for power washing of the outside trim and window washing of the building. The re-upholstering of the chairs is complete. The caulking of the exterior around the windows is complete.
- Meeting Date Ordnance 16/17-1 was presented. Trustee Wofford made a motion to accept the ordnance as presented. Motion carried unanimously on a voice vote.
- Brent with Kerber, Eck and Braeckel auditing firm is going to come by the Library to look at our Quick Books accounts in preparation of our audit.
- A discussion was held regarding the controversy of a patron having her child sitting with her while using the adult computer. It was the consensus of the Board that as long as the child is not disruptive to other patrons it should be allowed. No change to policy is needed.
On a motion by Trustee Janet Jones , the meeting was adjourned at 6:05 pm.
Respectfully submitted by Trustee Joe Ewing, Sec.