Freeburg Public Works Committee provides water tower leak update
The village of Freeburg Public Works Committee met Sept. 19 to provide an update on the water tower leak.
Here is the meeting's agenda, as provided by the committee:
Public works committee meeting: (Trash/ Water/ Sewer)
Trustee Dean Pruett called the meeting of Public Works Committee to order at 5:45 p.m. on Wednesday, September 14, 2016.
The following item or items were talked about or discussed:
1. Sewer project: Trustee Pruett said we talked about the easement to the sewer project.
2. Sewer issues: Trustee Pruett said we talked about the diesel fuel smell that is back in the sewer. Gregg from the public works department confirmed there was a very strong diesel smell behind Shaffer Tire building. This issue has been turned over to EPA. John has sent letters to the affected residents and John also bough a masking agent to help the smell.
3. Radio read meters: Trustee Pruett said there are some bad radio read meters that John is having a problem with. John has worked it out with the company to replace them at the company's expense and they will also be doing the work.
4. Save water tower leak: Trustee Pruett said the leak at the water tower has been repaired, and the sample came back good.
1. Tracer wire for new service line installs: Trustee Pruett said public works director John Tolan would like to see our code amended to require a resident requesting a new water of sewer service to pay for the tracer wire where the connection is made. We will put something together to amend the code.