Benton Firefighter Pension Board discusses upcoming election
The city of Benton Firefighter Pension Board met Jan. 20 to discuss the upcoming board member election.
Here is the meeting's agenda, as provided by the board:
The Benton Fireman Pension Board oversees all financial matters related to the fire department's pension plan.
Agenda — Fire Pension Meeting
BENTON FIREFIGHTER PENSION BOARD
FRIDAY, JANUARY 20, 2017 AT 10:00 A.M.
BENTON CITY HALL
1403 S. MAIN, BENTON, IL 62812
1. CALL TO ORDER / ROLL CALL
2. PUBLIC COMMENTS
3. MINUTES – Reading and approval of the minutes for the previous board meeting
6. TREASURER’S REPORT – Lisa Meno
7. INVESTMENT REPORT – Zemenick & Walker, John Johnson
8. OLD BUSINESS
A) Discuss requirements and deadlines regarding mandatory training of all
pension board trustees (2016).
9. NEW BUSINESS
A) Discuss 2017 COLA increases for retirees per statute;
B) Review and discuss Tax Levy Ordinance regarding Municipal contributions
to the Fund compared to Illinois Department of Insurance Actuarial Valuation
C) Illinois Finance Entity update due February 28, 2017;
D) Discuss 2017 mandatory trustee training opportunities.
E) Review and discuss Illinois Department of Insurance 10 year Complete
F) Discuss filing Economic Interest disclosure forms with County Clerk by May
G) Discuss upcoming election for board members
• Jeff Coleman, active, term expires 4/30/2017
10. APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP
11. APPLICATION FOR BENEFITS
12. NEXT MEETING DATE (Friday, April 21, 2017 @ 10:00 a.m.) / ADJOURNMENT