Village of Freeburg Electric Committee Met April 12
Village of Freeburg Electric Committee
Village of Freeburg Electric Committee met Wednesday, April 12.
The committee meets on at 5:30 p.m. on the second Wednesday after the first board meeting of the month at Village Hall.
VILLAGE OF FREEBURG
The meeting of the Electric Committee was called to order at 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 by Chairman Mike Blaies. Committee members present were Chairman Mike Blaies, Trustee Denise Albers, Trustee Ray Matchett, Trustee Dean Pruett, Mayor Seth Speiser, Village Clerk Jerry Menard (absent), Village Attorney Fred Keck, Trustee Lisa Meehling, Trustee Matt Trout, Public Works Director John Tolan, Head Lineman Shane Krauss, Village Administrator Tony Funderburg and Office Manager Julie Polson. Guest present: Janet Baechle.
A. OLD BUSINESS:
1. Approval of March 15, 2017 Minutes: Trustee Dean Pruett motioned to approve the March 15, 2017 minutes and Trustee Ray Matchett seconded the motion. All voting yea, the motion carried.
2. Surplus Equipment: Public Works Director John Tolan advised Bob Elden is going through the spare stuff at the shed, and we also working on the cold units. John said we will probably Surplus one of the two old police cars.
3. New Electric Customers: Head Lineman Shane Krauss has not drafted the letter yet.
4. Customer Issues: Village Administrator Tony Funderburg said we just finalized how to bill the net metering, and have talked to those customers. The customers were fine with the bills.
5. IMUA/IMEA Annual Conference and Trade Show: Attendees have been registered.
6. Temporary Electric at the Park: Shane will talk to Sharon to see if they want more service at the park or if they were just wanting receptacles placed elsewhere.
Shane said the Mike Crowe subdivision is finished, and the house is being built. They are working on the underground electric at the Sunset Drive 8-plex. The crew is also working on the Shampoodles lift station, and will be starting on the Save siren soon. The committee briefly discussed what the Village provides for electric infrastructure for new developments and Subdivisions, and John Said that is done by us and is usually put in when the streets/curbs are done. Shane will find out from Verbal how the electric would work for a new subdivision.
B. NEW BUSINESS: Shane stated the Scada computers are running on Windows XP and need to be updated. The hardware will need to be upgraded as well because it isn't compatible with the computer software, all at a cost of $10,240.
Trustee Ray Matchett motioned to recommend to the full Board the SCADA software upgrade including the communication modules and convert the current processes on SCADA to the current protocol at a cost of $10,24O and Trustee Denise Albers seconded the motion. All voting yea, the motion carried.
John advised we will be receiving 348 LED lightbulbs as part of IMEA's Energy Efficiency Program at not cost. John is going to order an extra 352 lightbulbs for a total of 7OO. We will limit them to two per resident per year at a cost of $1.5o each. John said the, "Recycle My Frig," program has ended. The prices are getting too high to continue the program. Shane said Max Sallman will be going to training for his first lab the week of April 24th.
C. GENERAL CONCERNS: None.
D. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: None.
E. ADJOURN: Trustee Ray Matchett motioned to adjourn at 5:50 p.m. and Trustee Dean Pruett seconded the motion. All voting yea, the motion carried.
Organizations in this Story
14 Southgate Center
Freeburg, IL - 62243-1541