Village of Freeburg Public Works Committee met June 14.
Village of Freeburg Public Works Committee met Aug. 14.
Here is the minutes provided by the Committee:
The Public Works Committee Meeting was called to order at 5:56 p.m. on Wednesday, June 14, 2017, by Chairman Mike Blaies. Members present were Chairman Mike Blaies, Trustee Lisa Meehling (absent), Trustee Dean Pruett, Trustee Matt Trout, Mayor Seth Speiser, Willage Clerk Jerry Menard, Trustee Denise Albers, Trustee Ray Matchett, Public Works Director John Tolan, Village Administrator Tony Funderburg and Office Manager Julie Polson. Guests present: Janet Baechle, Stan Koerber and Shari Wall.
A. OLD BUSINESS:
1. Approval of May 10, 2017 minutes: Trustee Dean Pruett motioned to approve the May 10, 2O17 minutes and Trustee Matt Trout seconded the motion. All voting yea, the motion carried.
2. Sewer project: Public Works Director John Tolan advised Haier was out cleaning up today. John tested the sewer today by Parrish. He has talked to both Travis and Tim about what items need to be done and who will be responsible for them. He would like a punchlist prepared by Travis to reflect that. Some of those include curb and gutter at Jim's Auto's entrance, and also oiling and chipping that whole area by Jerry's Auto - Micks.
3. Sewer issues/Sewer Fuel Odors: John stated the odors are gone and EPA is sending the canisters back.
4. FSH Minutes: John said the emergency interconnect is up and going.
5. Sewer Main - Jacks Car Wash: John hopes to get the sewer lined in the next 6 - 8 weeks. He is hoping that will also help with the fuel odors.
6. Shampoodles Lift Station: John advised they are set to upgrade this on July 5th and 6th.
7. IEPA Violation Notice W-2017-5oo13: TWM submitted the renewal application today.
8. W. Apple St. Water Line Extension: Tony said We are Working on obtaining the easements. John confirmed the residents don't have to annex. We just need the easement.
9. Private Sewer at Potter/West Street: John said they cameraed the area today to get the depths for TWM. They will comeback with a proposal.
10, East Water Tower Work: John said the company that was going to inspect it is balking at the size of the hatch. He will contact the company that did it the last time.
B. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Resident Ron Gill's Concerns: John said this was taken care of today.
John advised SLM switched to free chlorine residuals and will run till July. Jesse has been fire hydrantflushing. The THM samples that we took in May came back very, very good. John advised the SAVE site leaks that were up high were taken care of by lineman, Matt Amann.
C. GENERAL CONCERNS: None.
D. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: NOlne,
E. ADJOURN: Trustee Dean Pruett motioned to adjourn the meeting at 6:04 p.m. and Trustee Matt Trout seconded the motion. All voting aye, the motion carried.