Village of Freeburg Public Property Committee met August 16
Village of Freeburg Public Property Committee met August 16.
Here is the minutes as provided by the committee:
The meeting of the Public Property Committee was called to order at 6:oo p.m. on Wednesday, August 16, 2017, in the Municipal Center by Chairman Ray Matchett. Members present were Chairman Ray Matchett, Trustee Denise Albers, Trustee Dean Pruett, Trustee Matt Trout, Mayor Seth Speiser, Village Clerk Jerry Menard, Trustee Mike Blaies, Trustee Lisa Meehling, Public Works Director John Tolan (absent), Village Administrator Tony Funderburg and Office Manager Julie Polson. Guests present: Stan Koerber, Brian Price, John Calcaterra, Randy Harms, Don Gebhart, Brian Spacher, Joseph Jarvis and Gerallyn Spacher.
Pool: A. Old Business:
1. Pool/St. Clair County Parks Grant: Trustee Matchett reported in John's absence. The pool has been closed, the baby pool will be drained this week, and the pool cover done next Week. The pool will be winterized after the street oiling is done. John advised the managerial procedures Worked out well. Village Administrator Tony Funderburg stated the parks grant was submitted to St. Clair County yesterday.
B. New Business: Tony advised the spreadsheet was up to date as of this week.
Streets: A. Old Business:
1. Approval of July 12, 2017 Minutes: Trustee Matt Trout motioned to approve the July 12, 2017 minutes and Trustee Dean Pruett seconded the motion. All yea, the motion carried.
2. MFT/Ditch on N. Main: We are going to oil and chip August 29th and 30th. We have two crews working to prepare the streets.
3. Drainage Problem Areas/Stormwater Run-Off: John is looking to replace the culvert under Old Fayetteville Road near the pool after Homecoming and oiling.
4. E. Apple Issues: TWM is looking to do a matching grant for this and Cemetery Road. Those projects will be done in phases.
5. Hill Mine Road Repair: John and Tony met with Mr. Frerking. Tony advised they fixed the road as best they can. They removed the Small culvert and moved the south side ditch further north and riprapped it. They also ditched the south side of Hill Mine Road to get the storm water off the road. Tony stated we are going to sit and see how it works. Then we will meet with everyone involved to see what our next steps might be.
6. Customer Issues: John has received several requests for dead trees in the right of Way and also sidewalk replacements. He would like to replace sidewalks in the fall. He also said the high School has requested help with their sidewalk and storm drainage on S. Richland. He agrees with their concerns and would like to also work on that this fall.
7. IDOT Concerns: Tony is working with IDOT on the ditch they cleaned since water is sitting in it. He also wants to discuss the area around Dambacher's where we wanted the work to be done and they did nothing. He would like them to come out and see what they can do about it.
B. New Business:
1. Stop Sign Request at N. Main/W. St. Clair: Trustee Pruett said that is a strange intersection and does not believe a stop sign will help. Trustee Matchett asked for the police to look at it and get their input.
2. Fire Department Muscular Dystrophy Collection Request - August 26, 2017: Trustee Matt Trout motioned to approve the Fire Department's Muscular Dystrophy Collection Request on August 26, 2O17 and Trustee Denise Albers seconded the motion. All voting yea, the motion carried.
3. Moore Asphalt Proposal for Pool Parking Lot, Police Station, CrOSS WalkS: Tony said the Jim's Automotive is for the Work that needs to be done from the sewer line. Tony authorized Moore to start the Work at Jim's since it needed to be done. We are required by our agreement with IDOT to maintain the cross walks on State Street, and they are all faded. Tony explained he is also looking for someone to put down asphalt under the playground poured in place surface which is included in the grant costs. Tony would like to get another bid or two on the other projects. Moore did Reifschneiders and the Carpenters' lot.
This is Homecoming week, so our crew will be mowing our properties on State Street and the streets around to the park. We will also do an extra round of spraying in the park. We will be replacing the old street and traffic signs on rainy days. He will replace the new tree at park this fall. The radar sign will go up on E. Apple shortly. The leaf program will start and John would like to rehire Greg Becherer and Bob Huelsman. We picked up the two new F250s last Friday, and it will be a couple weeks before we pickup the F35O.
C. General Concerns: None.
D. Public Participation: Trustee Matt Trout motioned to amend the agenda to hear Public Participation before the Executive Session and Trustee Dean Pruett seconded the motion. All voting yea, the motion carried.
Tony advised the guests present from Countryside Lane are here to discuss the condition of their road. Tony confirmed we didn't oil and chip anything last year, and their road is a disaster. Tony stated John has had the guys out trying to fix it. Tony stated we are going to level out road, asphalt where needed and then oil and chip the road. Don Gebhart complained about oil dumped out there and it's all Over their vehicles. They asked for our help from Belleville to take care of it, and tony suggested they call Mark Kern. Randy Harms asked for grass seed to be placed where Water line came in,
Stan Koerber was there to advise there is a home in the 200 block of S. Vine that needs to be mowed. Julie will get the oil and chip schedule from John and post it on the Website.
Trustee Matt Trout motioned to enter into Executive Session citing real estate transactions, 5 ILCS 12O/2-(c)(5) and Trustee Dean Pruett seconded the motion. All voting yea, the motion carried.
Executive Session Ended
Trustee Matt Trout motioned to end the Executive Session at 6:36 p.m. and Trustee Dean Pruett seconded the motion. All voting aye, the motion carried. The committee meeting reconvened at 6:37 p.m.
E, Adjourn: Trustee Matt Trout motioned to adjourn the meeting at 6:37 p.m. and Trustee Dean Pruett seconded the motion. All voting yea, the motion carried.