Village of Freeburg Board of Trustees met September 18.
Village of Freeburg Board of Trustees met Oct. 18.
Here is the minutes provided by the Board:
CALL TO ORDER: Mayor Seth Speiser called the Regular Board Meeting to order at 7:30 p.m., on Monday, September 18, 2017, in the Freeburg Municipal Board Room.
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE: Those present and the Board Members recited the Pledge of Allegiance.
ROLL CALL: Trustee James (Mike) Blaies - here; Trustee Mathew (Matt) Trout-here: Trustee Ramon (Ray) Matchett, Jr. - here; Trustee Elizabeth (Lisa) Meehling-here; Trustee Denise Albers - here; Trustee Bert Pruett - absent; Mayor Seth Speiser - here; (6 present, 1 absent) Mayor Speiser announced there is a quorum.
Mayor Speiser stated on the agenda it says the minutes of the previous Regular Board Meeting Tuesday, September 5, 2017 are unavailable. We do have them in front of us if we would like to approve them.
Trustee Mathew Trout motioned to table the minutes until the next board and Trustee Elizabeth Meehling seconded the motion. All voting aye, the motion carried.
ESDA REPORT: Mayor Speiser stated ESDA Coordinator Gene Kramer will not be here tonight. Please look over his ESDA Report which is in the board packet and if you have any questions call Gene.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Mayor Speiser called for Public Participation. Stan Donald took the floor. The former Chief of Police Stan Donald said that the Board reprimanded him at a police and personnel committee meeting after a police vehicle utilized a restaurant drive-thru on Carlyle Avenue in Belleville. Mr. Donald said he was told that the vehicle leaving town created an insurance issue. Stan said he would like to know why Trustee Matt Trout and four other Village officials took the Villages' administration SUV last Friday to travel 100 miles to a golf tournament. Stan asked why that was allowed. Trustee Trout stated the officials were on city business while attending a golf tournament hosted by BHM&G, the village's electrical engineers. Stan said so basically "do as I say, not as I do.” Mayor Speiser announced that he will have the Village's Attorney look into this matter.
REPORTS AND CORRESPONDENCE:
1. Zoning Administrator's Report: Mayor Speiser asked if anyone has any questions for Zoning Administrator Gary Henning. Mayor Speiser said he did get a call from Mr. Moerchen but was unable to get to the phone and he did not leave a message. Mayor Speiser said he will call Fred and see where we are with this. As of right now Mr. Moerchen has not signed the legal document.
RECOMMENDATIONS OF BOARDS AND COMMISSIONS: None.
CONTRACTS, RELEASES, AGREEMENTS & ANNEXATIONS: None.
ORDINANCES: Mayor Speiser stated, we have Ordinance #1637, An Ordinance Authorizing the Sale by Public Auction of Personal Property Owned by the Village of Freeburg.
Trustee Mathew Trout motioned to adopt Ordinance #1637 by title only and Trustee Elizabeth Meehling seconded the motion. ROLL CALL: Trustee Mathew Trout -aye, Trustee Elizabeth Meehling-aye, Trustee James Blaies - aye, Trustee Ramon Matchett, Jr. - aye, Trustee Denise Albers - aye; Trustee Bert Purett - absent; (5 ayes, 0 nays, 1 absent). All voting aye, the motion carried.
OLD BUSINESS: None.
NEW BUSINESS: None.
COMMITTEE MEETING REPORTS
Electric Committee Meeting: Trustee Mathew (Matt) Trout called the meeting of Electric Committee to order at 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, September 13, 2017.
1. Surplus Equipment: Trustee Trout said we talked about the surplus equipment. We have two trucks, two cars and we just added on the motorcycle to the Purple Wave auction site. Trustee Trout said this will run through the beginning of October.
2. Black Start Handbook: Trustee Trout said we are still working with BHM&G on the Black Start Handbook.
4. Urge Testing: Trustee Trout said we had a few minor issues with the last round of MISO urge testing but worked through them. We had no penalties from IMEA.
1. Village Hall Parking Lot Lights: Trustee Trout said Village Administrator Tony Funderburg had looked into painting the poles and replacing the lights with led fixtures, but it was extremely high. Tony had a vendor do a study to make sure we can put new fixtures on those light standards. The total to do that would be $5,175 for 3 poles and 3 led light fixtures. Head Lineman Shane Krauss confirmed they will work with our existing structures, and Village Administrator Funderburg stated it is in the administrative budget. Trustee Trout said we made a motion at the committee meeting to get them fixed.
2. IMEA Grant Money: Trustee Trout stated Trustee Blaies brought up Freeburg Care Center and said they would possibly be eligible to receive IMEA grant money. They are going to fill out the application and send it in.
3. Cooling Tower for Unit #6: Trustee Trout said we talked about the cooling tower for unit #6 which is the oldest unit that we receive IMEA credits. It needs to be repaired.
Trustee Mathew Trout motioned to recommend Midwest Machinery repair Unit #6 cooling tower not to exceed $20,000 and Trustee Elizabeth Meehling seconded the motion. ROLL CALL: Trustee Mathew Trout -aye, Trustee Elizabeth Meehling-aye, Trustee Ramon Matchett, Jr. - aye, Trustee Denise Albers - aye, Trustee James Blaies - aye; Trustee Bert Pruett - absent; (5 ayes, 0 nays, 1 absent). All voting aye, the motion carried.
3. Max Sallman step increase: Trustee Trout said we talked about Max Sallman who completed his level 1 apprentice on August 23", and now ready for a step increase.
Trustee Mathew Trout motioned to recommend Max Sallman receive his step increase to Level 2 apprentice retroactive to August 23, 2017 at $26.69 per hour and Trustee Elizabeth Meehling seconded the motion. ROLL CALL: Trustee Mathew Trout-aye, Trustee Elizabeth Meehling-aye, Trustee Denise Albers - aye, Trustee Ramon Matchett, Jr. -aye, Trustee James Blaies -aye, Trustee Bert Pruett - absent; (5 ayes, 0 nays, 1 absent). All voting aye, the motion carried.
4. Diesel Fuel Tanks: Trustee Trout said we talked about the diesel fuel tanks. They are needing some work. Head Lineman Shane Krauss will start researching companies to sandblast them.
Trustee Trout stated IMEA sent some linemen for the hurricane relief efforts.
EXHIBIT F: Public Works Committee Meeting: (Trash/Water/Sewer)
Trustee James (Mike) Blaies called the meeting of Public Works Committee to order at 6:01 p.m. on Wednesday, September 13, 2017.
The following item or items were talked about or discussed:
1. Sewer Project: Trustee Blaies said we talked about the sewer project. This project is finished other than we may do some seeding and laying straw. We will televise the line in the fall. We will pay Haier and Rhutasel once the money is received from EPA.
2. Sewer Issues/Sewer Fuel Odors: Trustee Blaies said we haven't had any odors lately. John is going to have Greg pop the manholes around town and see if there are any odors.
3. West Apple Street Water Line Extension: Trustee Blaies stated since we have not received all of the easements to run this line, Public Works Director John Tolan and Village Administrator Tony Funderburg met with the engineer to work on running the line from the bus garage to the Dotson property to get them water. Village Administrator Tony Funderburg will reach out to the property owners on the south side of Apple Street to see if they will grant an easement.
4. Private Sewer at Potter/West Street: Trustee Blaies said TWM is working on this project.
5. East Water Tower Work: Trustee Blaies stated that Public Works Director John Tolan will talk to Suez Company on this.
NEW BUSINESS: Trustee Blaies said Village Administrator Tony Funderburg received a call from a resident on Old Freeburg Road wanting water out there on their property. We are looking to put an extension out to Schiermeier Road next and Old Freeburg Road next year. Public Works Director John Tolan advised us we need to flush the rest of our hydrants before the end of the year and we will start this shortly. Public Works Director Tolan is pushing SLM to switch over to free residual again. We were advised that we had a large water main break on Rogers Drive last week and it has been fixed.
EXHIBIT G: Public Property Committee Meeting: (Streets/Municipal Center/Pool/Parks & Recreation) Trustee Ramon Matchett, Jr. called the Public Property Committee Meeting to order at 6:11 p.m. on Wednesday, September 13, 2017.
The following items were talked about or discussed under:
POOL: OLD BUSINESS:
1. Pool/St. Clair County Parks Grant; Trustee Matchett said we are Waiting on an official letter that says we will receive the second grant.
NEW BUSINESS: Trustee Matchett stated we are winterizing the pool and bathhouse. The parking lot is done and looks good. We will fix the slide over the winter.
STREETS: OLD BUSINESS:
1. MFT/Ditch on North Main St.: Trustee Matchett said we used 22,000 gallons of oil, and was very happy with the slag. John said he thought it covered very well and there should be less dust. They will start sweeping to get rid of the excess rock. We did rent a machine from Woodys to do this. It should take about four days to get this done.
2. Drainage Problem Areas/Stormwater Run-Off: Trustee Matchett said Public Works Director John Tolan said they are working on West St. Clair Street from Belleville Street to Main Street, installing a culvert and fixing it.
1. St. Joseph 5K Run/Walk October 14, 2017: Trustee Matchett said the committee agreed to the request for the St. Joe's 5K Run/Walk on October 14, 2017.
2. Resident Request for Audio Warnings on Crosswalks: Trustee Matchett said we had a request from a resident asking for audio warnings on crosswalks. Village Administrator Tony Funderburg will add this request to his IDOT letter.
Trustee Matchett stated Public Works Director John Tolan advised us they are repairing the sidewalks by the pharmacy. We will be starting leaf pickup soon and we need to advertise for help.
Trustee Ramon Matchett, Jr. recommend to advertise part-time leaf pickup help and Trustee Denise Albers seconded the motion. ROLL CALL: Trustee Ramon Matchett, Jr. - aye, Trustee Denise Albers - aye; Trustee James Blaies - aye, Trustee Mathew Trout-aye, Trustee Elizabeth Meehling-aye; Trustee Bert Pruett - absent; (5 ayes, 0 nays, 1 absent). All voting aye, the motion carried.
Trustee Matchett said the Kids for Christ Run was Saturday and everything seemed to go well.
Mayor Speiser asked Tom from the Freeburg Tribune to let the residents know if anyone is interested in obtaining some of this leftover rock, they should contact Public Works Director John Tolan.
Legal/Ordinance Committee Meeting - Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 5:30 p.m. Finance Committee Meeting - Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 5:45 p.m. Personnel/Police Committee Meeting - Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 6:00 p.m. Board Meeting-Monday, October 2, 2017-7:30 p.m.
VILLAGE MAYOR & TRUSTEES COMMENTS:
Trustee Denise Albers -No thank you. Trustee Elizabeth (Lisa) Meehling -No thank you. Mathew Trout (Matt) - He would like to thank BHM&G for inviting us to play in their golf tournament.
Village Clerk Jerry Menard - No thank you. Trustee James (Mike) Blaies -No thank you. Trustee Ramon (Ray) Matchett, Jr. - No thank you.
Public Works Director John Tolan -No thank you. Chief of Police Mike Schutzenhofer-No thank you. Zoning Administrator Gary Henning – No thank you.
ADJOURNMENT: Mayor Speiser called for a motion to adjourn the meeting.
Trustee Mathew Trout motioned to adjourn the meeting at 7:46 p.m. and Trustee Elizabeth Meehling seconded the motion. All voting aye, the motion carried.
Organizations in this Story
14 Southgate Center
Freeburg, IL - 62243-1541