Village of Freeburg Public Property Committee will meet September 13.
Village of Freeburg Public Property Committee will meet Oct. 13.
Here is the minutes provided by the Committee:
The meeting of the Public Property Committee was called to order at 6:11 p.m. on Wednesday, September 13, 2017, in the Municipal Center by Chairman Ray Matchett. Members present were Chairman Ray Matchett, Trustee Denise Albers, Trustee Dean Pruett, Trustee Matt Trout, Mayor Seth Speiser, Village Clerk Jerry Menard, Trustee Mike Blaies, Trustee Lisa Meehling, Public Works Director John Tolan, Village Administrator Tony Funderburg and Office Manager Julie Polson. Guest present: Janet Baechle.
POOL: A. OLD BUSINESS:
1. Pool/St. Clair County Parks Grant: Village Administrator Tony Funderburg received a call from Herb Simmons stating our grant application didn't make sense. Tony reminded him that he spoke to Herb prior to submitting the grant, and Herb told him he would approve it for a handicap surface. Herb also told Tony that he didn't do the first grant paperwork correctly, but We have a letter approving it. After conversations with the County, Tony said it will get approved. He made his point that handicapped kids shouldn't be penalized because of politics. He is waiting on an official letter that we received second grant.
B. NEW BUSINESS: John said they are winterizing the pool and bathhouse. The parking lot is done and looks good. They will fix the slide over the winter.
A. OLD BUSINESS:
1. Approval of August 16, 2017 Minutes: Trustee Dean Pruett motioned to approve the August 16, 2017 minutes and Trustee Matt Trout seconded the motion. All yea, the motion carried.
2. MFT/Ditch. On N. Main: John said they used 22,OOO gallons of oil, and Was very happy with the slag. He thought it covered very well. They will start sweeping the 25th to get rid of the excess rock. He is going to rent a machine from Woodys. We are going to work four 12-hour days to get that done. He further said the guys worked really hard and did a great job.
3. Drainage Problem Areas/Stormwater Run-Off: John Said they are Working on West St. Clair Street from Belleville to Main, installing a culvert and fixing it.
4. E. Apple ISSues: Nothing new.
5. Hill Mine Road Repair: The Work is done. We will see what happens when it rains,
6. Customer Issues: None at this time.
7. IDOT Concerns: Tony Will be talking to them these along with some other issues. He did confirm they are not going to do anything about the reduction of speed by the Industrial Park.
B. NEW BUSINESS:
St. Joseph 5K Run/Walk October 14, 2017: The committee agreed to the request.
2. Resident Request for Audio Warnings on CrOSSWalkS: Tony will add this request to his IDOT letter. He said they are doing a bunch of stuff for sight and hearing impaired. He will send a letter to So We have a paper trail.
John reported they are repairing the sidewalks by the pharmacy. He will be starting leaf pickup Soon and needs to advertise for help. We will place an ad in the paper. Kids for Christ run is this Saturday. He will be setting up the barricades Friday. Trustee Trout stated they have aband advertised until 10:00 p.m. Julie advised their rental form states they have the gazebo rental until 9:00 p.m., although our rental policy states there can be amplified sound until 10:00 p.m.
C. GENERAL CONCERNS: None.
D. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: John told Janet he will get to her water problem in her backyard.
EXECUTIVE SESSION 6:35 P.M.
Trustee Dean Pruett motioned to enter into Executive Session citing discussion of executive session minutes, 5 ILCS 12O/2-(c)(21) and Trustee Matt Trout seconded the motion. All voting yea, the motion carried.
EXECUTIVE SESSION ENDED 7:o1 P.M.
E. ADJOURN: Trustee Matt Trout motioned to adjourn the meeting at 7:O1 p.m. and Trustee Dean Pruett seconded the motion. All voting yea, the motion carried.
Organizations in this Story
14 Southgate Center
Freeburg, IL - 62243-1541