Harrisburg Public Library District Board of Trustees met September 18
Harrisburg Public Library District Board of Trustees met September 18.
Here is the minutes as provided by the board:
The regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Harrisburg Public Library District was called to order
by President Janet Jones at 5:00 pm. Those in attendance were Trustees Joe Ewing, Lynda Clemmons,
Sally Wofford, Gary Jones and Tammi Jackson, and Kelly Phelps. Also in attendance was Director Krystal
Consent Agenda: A motion was made by Trustee Clemmons to accept the consent agenda as
presented. The motion carried unanimously on a roll call vote.
- President and Trustees discussed the Morris Library Fundraiser and fundraising ideas for this
- There was an update given on the Christmas House Tour and various participants were
- Building Committee: Trustee Ewing reported regarding his discussion with Dave Clemmons.
Elevator maintenance was discussed. Landscaping was discussed and it was determined
there would not be an application of lime to the grass.
- Finance Committee: Annual Budget and Appropriation Ordinance for the fiscal year
beginning the 1st day of July 2017 and ending the 30 day of June 2018 was discussed and
passed with Ordinance 17/18-3. Kelly Phelps joined the finance committee.
- Policy Committee: Janet Jones and Gary Jones agreed to be members of the policy
- The tax computation report was received from the county and included in the packet so the
Board could move forward with the Budget and Appropriation Ordinance.
- The Chamber Luncheon was discussed.
- The Director is getting quotes from Lazerware regarding new computers.
A motion was made by Trustee Wofford to adjourn at 5:56 pm.