Village of Freeburg Personnel and Public Safety Committee met October 25
Village of Freeburg Personnel and Public Safety Committee met October 25.
Here is the minutes as provided by the committee:
Chairperson Lisa Meehling called the meeting of the Personnel and Public Safety Committee to order on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at 6:30 p.m. Those present were ChairperSon Lisa Meehling, Trustee Mike Blaies, Trustee Ray Matchett, Trustee Matt Trout, Mayor Seth Speiser, Trustee Denise Albers, Trustee Dean Pruett, Village Clerk Jerry Menard (left at 6:43 p.m.), Chief Mike Schutzenhofer, ESDA Coordinator Gene Kramer, Public Works Director John Tolan, Village Administrator Tony Funderburg and Office Manager Julie Polson. Guest present: Janet Baechle.
A. Old Business:
1. Police Department Expansion: Village Administrator Tony Funderburg stated We are looking into getting a grant or loan for this project. If we go the grant route, we would need an engineer to draw up plans. He passed out the updated layout which keeps the building at 3000 square feet and gives them everything they need. USDA offers a 20-year loan at 4%. If we pursue the RFQ process, they would be sent in and reviewed, then narrowed down to 3-4 and everyone would interview them. Trustee Meehling stated the engineering cost is typically 6% of the total building costs. Tony believes if we go that route, the engineering costs will be between $4o,ooo - $50,000 and the project cost will be around $700,000 - $800,000. Tony Will meet with EWR to get a better estimate of the building cost without any contents.
B. New Business:
Thank You from Resident: Chief Schutzenhofer said Officer Flynn helped out a lady on her way to a chemo treatment.
2. Omnigo Software Quote: Chief Schutzenhofer advised he and Police Secretary Laura McGarry attended a presentation on the Omnigo software program in O'Fallon. Everything they do would be tied to one system, and also tied in with the CAD system. This gives us the capability to share information with other agencies that Mike deems necessary. He advised many surrounding communities are on this system or are switching to it. Features include accident reporting, citations, running plates and evidence tracking. It has a map feature where you can track problem areas which helps when Writing grants. We can eliminate our in-house email. This would be a $6,000 a year increase. There is no cost for future updates and the system is very secure.
Trustee Matt Trout motioned to recommend to the full Board the Village enter into the Information Technologies, LLC., Contract for the Omnigo Software at a cost of $4,750.00 and Trustee Ray Matchett seconded the motion. All voting yea, the motion carried.
3. Placement of StormReady Sign: The Village of Freeburg has been recertified for 3 years and is recognized for being storm ready, The sign will be placed on the Welcome sign by Wiegmanns.
4. Communications Roll Call Net: Gene Would like to see the roll call start back up to make sure all of our equipment is working. We will do that the first Tuesday of the month at 10:15 a.m.
5. External Antenna Cable Entry: Gene thanked our electric department personnel who grounded the equipment. They did a fantastic job.
6. Communication Acknowledgement Procedure: Gene said in a severe weather event, he would like an acknowledgement call from the Police Department, and Chief Schutzenhofer Suggested using the city wide 800 station for that. John requested a phone call from Gene for this.
7. Executive Session to Discuss Personnel 5 ILCS 120/2-(c)(1): Discussed below,
A. Old Business:
1. Approval of September 27, 2017 Minutes: Trustee Matt Trout motioned to approve the September 27, 2017 Minutes and Trustee Ray Matchett seconded the motion. All voting yea, the motion carried.
2. Job Descriptions: Tony advised there are some changes to his and Julie's job descriptions. Trustee Meehling asked the committee to get any other suggestions to him prior to the next meeting.
B. New Business:
1. Part-Time Public Works Hire, Executive Session for Personnel, 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(1):
Executive Session 7:34 p.m.
Trustee Matt Trout motioned to enter Executive Session to Discuss Personnel, 5 ILCS 12O/2-(c)(1) and Trustee Ray Matchett seconded the motion. All voting aye, the motion carried,
Executive Session Ended 7:38 p.m.
Trustee Ray Matchett motioned to recommend to the full Board the hire of Kurt Polson for the part-time public uorks position and Trustee Mike Blaies seconded the motion. All voting yea, the motion carried.
The committee reconvened at 7:39 p.m.
C. General Concerns: The siren is not sounding at noon and 10:00 p.m. John will look into it.
D. Public Participation: None.
E. Adjourn: Trustee Matt Trout motioned to adjourn at 7:40 p.m. and Trustee Ray Matchett seconded the motion. All voting yean, the motion carried.
Organizations in this Story
14 Southgate Center
Freeburg, IL - 62243