Harrisburg Public Library District Board met August 15
Harrisburg Public Library District Board met August 15.
Here is the minutes as provided by the board:
President Janet Jones called the regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Harrisburg Public Library District to order at 5:00 pm. Those in attendance were Trustees Joe Ewing, Janet Jones, Gary Jones, Sally Wofford, Lynda Clemmons and Kelly Phelps. Trustee Tammi Jackson was absent. Also, in attendance was Director Krystal Gully.
Consent Agenda: Trustee Ewing requested clarification on the expenditure under Telecommunications. After the discussion, a motion to accept the consent agenda was made by Trustee Clemmons. Motion passed unanimously on a roll call vote.
- President Jones read a thank you from past employee Julie Bardos.
- She passed out a copy of a flier for a fund raiser for Friends of Morris Library for anyone who would like to attend.
- She passed out a sample of a “self-evaluation” form for possible use with the Library staff. We will discuss the use of form further at our next meeting.
- She gave an update on the Christmas House Tour. Discussion followed.
- Building Committee: Director Gulley gave an update on minor repairs to the building.
- IPLAR Secretary’s audit is ready for inspection and signature of two Trustees. Trustees Clemmons and J. Jones will inspect and sign.
- IPLAR report is complete and needs the President’s signature. President Janet Jones will inspect and sign.
- The Trustees discussed turning off the WiFi when the Library is not open to discourage loitering around the building after hours. It was agreed that we should turn it off after hours as well as request police patrols of our parking area.
- Trustees gave permission to donate two magazine racks that are not used and in storage to the Galatia Library.
- President Janet Jones is the next presenter at Brown Bags and Book on August 22nd.
- The Little Free Library is about ready to be reinstalled after undergoing renovation.
A motion was made by Trustee Ewing to adjourn at 5:56 pm. Motion carried unanimously on a voice vote