Harrisburg Public Library District Board of Trustees met March 20
Harrisburg Public Library District Board of Trustees met March 20.
Here is the minutes provided by the board:
The regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Harrisburg Public Library District was called to order by President Janet Jones at 5:00 pm. Those also in attendance were Trustees Lynda Clemmons, Tammi Jackson, Gary Jones, Sally Wofford, and Director Krystal Gulley. Trustees Kelly Phelps and Joe Ewing were not in attendance.
Consent Agenda: A motion was made to accept last month’s minutes/consent agenda as presented.
The motion carried unanimously on a roll call vote.
Celebrity Reader was discussed. It is April 10, 2019. Bookmarks have been ordered. Sharon Bittle and Terisha Burtis are handling the function and Terisha Burtis is expected to help with Celebrity Reader next year. A discussion was held about passing out something illustrating what programs are available at the library.
The Holiday house tour was discussed as well as the profit from the tour versus what was received by the library. The next tour is scheduled for December 7, 2019. The following people have expressed interest/commitment: charlotte Mathis, Lisa Lyon, Melanie, Motsinger, Becky Barnhill, Linda Reed.
Brown Bag and Books – Lynda Clemmons updated the Trustees on the Brown Bag and Books program which is doing well.
- There was no official building committee report due to Joe Ewing’s absence. Library director Gulley indicated that Wes Ratliff fixed the roof but there is still a small leak but it is not as bad.
- The Fancy Nancy Tea Party was discussed and it is expected to have big turnout.
- Logo designs for the library were considered.
- The Moving Forward South Conference was discussed. Lynda Clemmons moved to send two employees to the conference. Sally Wofford seconded the motion and it passed unanimously.
- Scherenschnitte “artwork” was offered to be put on loan at library and was discussed.
- The next art reception is March 31, 2019
- Money from the second general account had been placed in a CD at People’s Bank per the last meeting.
A motion was made by Trustee Clemmons to adjourn at 5:57.