McLeansboro Township Board met Nov. 12.
Here is the minutes provided by the board:
The November 12th, 2019 Township board meeting was called to order by Supervisor Clydus Gray. The meeting was held at the local Township building.
There were no public comments.
Minutes of the Previous Meeting
Minutes from the October meeting were read by the Clerk. As there were no corrections to be made, a motion to approve the minutes, as written, was made by Becky Cross and seconded by Dennis Johnson. Motion carried.
- As a follow-up to the November 6th Natural Hazards Mitigation Plan meeting, Road Commissioner Bob Drake indicated his initial objective is to document the need for funds to properly maintain Township roads. In the event of a natural disaster such as flooding, it is important that items such as road conditions, drainage issues and passibility be in as good of shape as possible. In that regard, one of the mitigation planning items will be to request as much as $1,000,000 for those items. In addition, Bob also indicated his intention to request $500,000 for railroad crossing safety.
- Supervisor Gray stated the Township had received the second installment of the Township’s share of collected real estate taxes. That payment amounted to $95,612.00. The remaining amounts should be received with the next couple of months.
- The Supervisor indicated he was beginning the 2019 tax levy process for amounts to be paid in late 2020. He further indicated the levy will be due for submission to the County in late December.
- For informational purposes, Clydus indicated the Township building will be treated by an exterminator within the near future.
- Road and Bridge Fund, Building and Equipment Fund and Permanent Road Fund claims were provided for review. Motion by Becky Cross and seconded by Dennis Johnson to pay those bills. Motion carried.
- Town Fund and Social Security Fund claims were also presented to the Board. Motion by Kyle Ingram and seconded by Jamie Ellis to pay those bills. Motion carried.
There being no further business to conduct, motion to adjourn was made by Becky Cross and seconded by Dennis Johnson. Motion Carried