Village of Freeburg Electric Committee met September 13.
Village of Freeburg Electric Committee met Sept. 13.
Here is the minutes provided by the Committee:
The meeting of the Electric Committee was called to order at 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 by Chairman Matt Trout. Committee members present were Chairman Matt Trout, Trustee Denise Albers, Trustee Mike Blaies, Trustee Lisa Meehling, Mayor Seth Speiser, Village Clerk Jerry Menard, Trustee Ray Matchett, Trustee Dean Pruett, Public Works Director John Tolan, Head Lineman Shane Krauss, Village Administrator Tony Funderburg and Office Manager Julie Polson. Guest present: Janet Baechle.
A. OLD BUSINESS:
1. Approval of August 16, 2017 Minutes: Trustee Lisa Meehling motioned to approve the August 16, 2017 minutes and Trustee Denise Alber's seconded the motion. All voting yea, the motion carried.
2. Surplus Equipment: Head Lineman Shane Krauss advised We have two trucks and two cars on the Purple Wave auction site. It will run through the beginning of October. Julie stated we received the title for the motorcycle that was seized by the police department.
Trustee Lisa Meehling motioned to recommend to the full Board Ordinance #1637 for approval and Trustee Denise Albers seconded the motion. All voting yea, the motion carried.
3. New Electric Customers: Shane reported nothing new on this.
4. Customer ISSues: No issues.
5. Electric Infrastructure for New Subdivisions: Item can be taken off the agenda.
6. Black Start Handbook: John advised BHM&G is Working on the handbook.
7. Urge Testing: Shane advised we have a few minor issues with the last round of MISO urge testing but worked through them. John said we did not receive any penalties from IMEA. Other municipalities did experience problems. John advised IMEA expects us to have money in reserves for generators. He also said IMEA has changed their policy where if a unit drops out while the municipality is trying to generate, they will only lose half of the generating credit. If IMEA can go on the grid and buy somewhere else, we wouldn't be penalized.
B. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Village Hall Parking Lot Lights: Shane said Tony had looked into painting the poles and replace the lights with led fixtures, but it was extremely high. He had a vendor do a study to make sure we can put new fixtures on those light standards. The total to do that Would be $5,175 for 3 poles and 3 led light fixtures. Shane confirmed they will Work with our existing structures, and Tony stated it is in the admin budget. The committee agreed to the purchase.
Trustee Blaies asked if Freeburg Care Center would be eligible for IMEA grant money. They recently replaced all their indoor lights with LED. John asked Mike to have them get in touch with him, and he will have Rod fill out the application.
Shane stated the cooling tower for unit #6 which is the oldest unit that we received IMEA credits, needs to be repaired. Midwest Machinery will redo everything and build it to spec. The cost to do that including labor and materials is $13,339.
Trutsee Lisa Meehling motioned to recommend to the full Board Midwest Machinery repair Unit #6 cooling touver not to exceed $2O,OOO and Trustee Denise Albers seconded the motion. All voting yea, the motion carried.
Shane advise Max Sallman completed his level 1 on August 23rd, and is ready for a step increase.
Trustee Lisa Meehling motioned to recommend to the full Board Max Salman receive his step increase to Level 2 Apprentice retroactive to August 23, 2017 at $26.69 per hour and Trustee Denise Albers seconded the motion. All voting yea, the motion carried.
Shane stated the diesel fuel tanks for both plants are getting rusty. He will start researching companies to Sandblast them. He advised the big oaktree on Wolf Road needs to be cut down. It is becoming a safety concern. Shane said we did get hit by lightning here and lost Some equipment. He will be working to get some ground rods installed.
John said IMEA sent some linemen for hurricane relief efforts.
C. GENERAL CONCERNS: NOne,
D. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Janet said it's very dark on State Street when you turn right out of Moto by the primary center.
E. ADJOURN: Trustee Lisa Meehling motioned to adjourn at 6:O1 p.m. and Trustee Denise Albers seconded the motion. All voting yea, the motion carried.
Organizations in this Story
14 Southgate Center
Freeburg, IL - 62243-1541